Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Outing 2 : The Royal Melbourne Show

I must say that the day at the Royal Melbourne Show was awesome. I haven't had so much fun for a long while now. I guess every single one of us sort of let our guards down and just went all out to have fun that day. To destress, so to speak. Haha. >.<
Well, we went there at about 1pm because Wei Jin and I had to wait for the guys. I guess they weren't enthusiastic about going in the first place. I guess the twins had trouble getting up and ready that day....Even Michael was late!
We headed to the showgrounds by train and arrived there soon enough. I was actually looking forward to that day simply because I missed theme park rides so much. I was there last year as well and I remembered having so much fun with the rides. As I said in one of my other posts, the girls seemed to enjoy the rides more than the guys. It was, unfortunately, the same this year. Wei Jin and I had to coax the guys to coming on rides with us. Michael only lasted two rides.
The moment we arrived, I was already looking around for rides with Wei Jin. The guys tried to slow us down. But not long after we got to the Show, we were on our first ride...

Here's the first we took ride which made Michael's stomach turn...
Poor Michael. Haha...But I guess Davies was freaking out the whole time too.
I think the main reason we had so much fun that day was also because of the ridiculous hats we were wearing. Each of us bought one for 5 bucks. At first, we agreed to wear them only for a photo....Somehow, we ended up wearing them throughout the day.( I think we just enjoyed the attention we had from the public)...*wink* There were countless random people taking our photos that day...Including some professional photographers.

This is us in our ever so striking headdress. The ends of the long arms of the hat had some hard round thingies attached. I whacked several passers by with them without realising it. Well, thanks to Wei Jin for apologising to those people on my behalf. I only knew I was whacking innocent people when she told me. Eikk.

Our shadows....CreepY ?!?

My best meal of the day : Strawberries with Ice cream...Yummmm

And then, there was the whole bucket of fairy floss we had...

We then had our go at some games because I was bugging the guys to get me one of those huge Show soft toys. HAhaha....

This is us playing some water gun game...

Finally...we got Scooby!

Well, we didn't actually win it. I guess the lady was so amazed by our headdress that she gathered us around her and asked, "So, which toy do you want?" Haha...

Wei Jin and I also had these hair wraps done...with strings attached =P

I had much more fun at the Show this year than the last. Did much more stuff this year.

We even wore those hats all the way back to the city.

And, I'd say I love the hats!!!

Kelene

1 comment:

TikTsin said...

haha xD whacking innocent ppl without u knowing. I pity them =/