Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Outing 1 : The Great Ocean Road

The two week break is over. Back to School for me. *sighs*
Well, I guess it's about time I said something about my little day trip to the Great Ocean Road during the holidays. Went there exactly a week ago but I was too lazy to upload photos and get them from friends so finally, I guess I've got enough now to post some up here.

The trip was pretty tiring...Left the city at about 8.30 am and only got back at about 9.30pm.

The start of the day : Breakfast at some place along the way.

A close up of the sinking marshmallow in my hot choc.

We had several stops along the way including Apollo Bay, Torquay and some other random stops to see the apostles. There were 12 Apostles some time ago, I guess now there's only 11. But we only saw 8 (I think we did) as the other 3 can only be seen on a helicopter. Sad. But I guess seeing one of the apostles were like seeing the rest. They all looked like the regular rock. Only larger. Much much larger.

Two random Apostles.

The other London Bridge you never knew about.

The bus ride was rather bumpy at times and we were just winding all over as the Great Ocean Road is everything but straight. I guess the view was somewhat spectacular and gosh, the beaches were beautiful. Sometimes, I wish I was staying at one of the beach houses. These houses are really amazing (although some of them are standing over a cliff) as they had glass all around instead of walls. Yeah, I pretty much had a perfect view of their bedroom at times, as though their beds were on display. However, I would think that it's nice to wake up to the view of the beach though. How relaxing.

Ahhhhhhhh.......I could almost feel the breeze.

I went there with these bunch of people...Wei Jin, Davies, Michael and Johnathan. I guess we kept each other alive in the bus at times. The journey seemed never ending and we desperately needed each other's support to survive, didn't we, guys? Thus, countless photos were produced in the bus, like these ones....

Michael promoting our snacks...

Just us...(with Johnathan trying to look less normal...hehehe)

Davies and his new found love : Fries. He had trouble parting with the empty box later on. Trust me.

Well, we did have some photos taken outside the bus. Here are a few....

On the beach, with arms spread out.

With Dav...

and Wei Jin...

Don't all of us just looove ice creammmm???

Overall, the trip was fulfilling. We were drained by the time we got back to the city but I guess we had a great time together. I suppose. Hehe. Well, at least I did!

Well, up next in my coming post would be on Outing 2 : Royal Melbourne Show.

So, keep a look out!

Kelene

1 comment:

TikTsin said...

Omfg. Gr8 ocean road! Chanteek =D (I mean the scenery and also the blog owner la) =P