Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A day with Houdini.

Last Saturday was great. I so needed a day away from everything, away from school! I can't believe we're in Week 5 already and there's already so much to study, I'm drowning. Anyways, we went horse riding last Saturday, rewarding ourselves after completing a month of classes this semester. That's me up there with Houdini. He's a great horse, a tad bit sensitive when it comes to my kicking, doesn't take much for me to make him trot from a walk. I wish I could ride every week :(

A group photo by the beach.
Note the cuteness of the smaller horse.

I was so excited when they allowed us to canter this time. I am better at the trot now compared to the other time I was there. I guess experience is a good thing. At least I am rising to the trot properly now and not bouncing all over the horse.

And so yea, they asked if we wanted to canter and I was thinking, "Yea why not let's do it!"

And the tip the facilitator gave us on cantering?
"Ride as though you're trying to keep a 100 dollar note between your butt and the saddle"

Now, that's helpful. =.=

Didn't happen.
I was about to be thrown off during the canter. Also, I was busy laughing at Daryl who was riding in front of me. It's a funny sight when someone tries to hang on to dear life as a horse canters and gallops away. Especially when you have the rear view of that person. :D It was priceless.

Well, we left the horse riding for lunch at the vineyard. And of course, for sipping pink moscato.

We weren't the only ones who knew how to enjoy life, as you can see...
Don't you wish you lived the life of a cat sometimes?

And then, off we went to Peninsula Hot Springs.
Apparently, the public bath was full till 2 and a half hours later so we went to the beach to kill time.

This is an idea of what we ended up doing.
The view was beauuuuutiful.

Oh-So-Breathtaking.

And so we headed to the hot springs for a nice dip.

And then ended the night with the best congee for dinner/supper.

What a day.

I wanna live like this foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

NOT happening.

*continues to scramble lecture notes*

No comments: