Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Of Ban Mee and.....Bang Me?!?!?!

I am soooooo exhausted from working almost every day. Cleaning tables, making drinks (I am now a "pro" Teh Tarik-er), serving people and handling money for hours and hours! My shift on weekends starts at 5pm and ends at 5am....Yup...this Cafe opens till 5am on weekends!

Actually, I wouldn't mind being at Hawker's Cafe because really, I have no where else to spend my time this holidays. BUT, those of you who have done some sort of customer service related jobs would know the frustration you might have faced while trying please weeeeirrrd customers. Customers who enter at about 3am or 4am are very much typical : They all have the same pink blush and can't walk in a straight line. Yup, they all have just been at their favourite club gulping down alcohol. It's NOT easy entertaining these people!

Here's a little moment I had with a drunk guy and his buddies:

Me : Sir, are you ready to order?

Drunk guy : Hmmmm.....*gulps*...I want a "Ban Mee" (to those of you who aren't familiar with asian cuisine...this is simply a kind of dry noodles)

Buddy : Oohhh.... He wants you to bang him!

Me : Er....

Drunk guy : Yes, Bang Me.

Me : Just a Ban MEe, sir?

Drunk guy : HAhaha...YEsss....One BanG ME!

Buddies : Come on, one Bang Me (Ban Mee)...

Me : Err....

Oh well, the conversation went on with me trying to convince his buddies that he wanted a Ban Mee and not a Bang Me? *sighs* YEa...aNd, I later served the BAN MEE to him.

Well, thus it's not always easy to fake a smile all night. Some customers are just out there to get to you. There are some others who would just simply mess up the table, like spilling half the bowl of noodles or congee on the floor with the excuse of being influenced by alcohol. *sheesH* Some can't even make their way out without knocking chairs or tables over.... And all I have to do is continue to SMILE...*Cheeersss*

But, the moment I turn my back to them.....


I wish I could do this.....

before I serve them their food. But nah....I am still sane enough not to do such things

(I REALLY AM!!!)

Ok, that's enough about work. I know you guys would probably be bored reading about me at work. Sorry to say, but that's pretty much all that's happening...Hmmm...Well, wait...I still have SOME life outside work......


Seeeee...I still go to movies and have JUMBO popcorns!

(with some girls from Hawkers...together, we take on the customers!!!)

In the cinema...(That's Irawan, a guy also from Hawker's, having a go at our popcorn...a skill he learnt from working in the kitchen...hahaha)

That's it for this entry. Will update you guys more!

Kelene

3 comments:

TikTsin said...

hahhaa...nice 1 xD

Bang me xD waitress...1 bang me please *waves hand around*

Celeste said...

lmao.
you should post more of your weird customers. i did that while working in dell. it is fun.

Edward "Providence" Saw ™ said...

male humour...
as the majority of males speak/think that way...
the rest of us gets pinalized for it
lol...
OI...
faster come back penang la...
I no one to argue with for 6 months dee...
SiEn DiAo!!