Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bleh. Can't think of a title...

The two week break is here. But I guess, it's more like half gone. I can say that all I have been up to is studying in the library, going for work and yeah, I went on an accidental movie and an uncalled-for shopping spree. There's practically nothing to do. No offence to my Melbourne buddies, but I have been practically seeing the same people each day and it does get kinda boring. We all enjoy each other's company but I guess it's Melbourne that has nothing exciting for us to share our time together with.

All I can do now is look forward to the trip to Great Ocean Road (hopefully, there is still one....) and if I am lucky enough, I will be going to the Royal Melbourne Show again this year, as I did the last. I thought the show was worth it last year. I really enjoyed the rides. I guess it helped me to just let myself go, have fun and destress. At this point of time, I reallllllyyy, desperately need some of that. I mean, could life actually get worse? Wondering why I am babbling away? Well, I guess, unlike some of you guys out there, I have yet to reach the point in life where everything makes sense. I am now stuck in the so called transition phase where everything I see in life seems...rather...hmmm..blurry? Oh well, I hope some of the guys would accompany me to the show this year, many of them thought the rides were scary somehow. The girls loved it, as far as I can remember. But oh yea, I think the only girls there last year were me and Sze Lin.

It's not easy studying overseas. Away from home, the support and shelter you once had for like, the past (for me, 17) years of your life. If you're in a foreign land with siblings, half of your misery is taken away. If you're like me, just here on your own and having to depend on friends...All I can say is that, you had better have true friends. I guess many of the rest are enjoying the freedom and life in Melbourne but sometimes, I wished I was back home in Malaysia. In my own house, with my family and my dog, the one and only living thing I truly miss. But then, back home, I will have other things to cope with. Stress from the expectations of family members is the one most common thing teenagers (or those in their 20's i suppose....)might be facing. Not like it's not putting enough pressure on me when I am already 3000 plus miles away from home. When I am actually Home....it's worse. So, I don't know...where will I be happier? Melbourne or Malaysia? *whatever*

All I know is, wherever I am now, the only life I am living in is none other than my own. So, it's practically all up to me to make the best of it. But, will I?

Kelene

1 comment:

Timo said...

Definitely! You live it all out, girl!