Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A tribute....

During Biology, my lecturer pin-pointed this quote "Play with it, but treat it with respect." Somehow, the quote did mean a lot to me and it got stuck in my head the whole day after that. The quote was by Steve Irwin. The name did ring a bell while I was in lecture but somehow, I wasn't able to figure out who he was.

When I got home that day, I saw all these turtles on my MSN list with personal messages saying "RIP Steve Irwin." What a coincidence I thought. The guy just died? I soon found out he was the crocodile hunter. Now, that name, the Croc Hunter definitely reminded me about him. Back in Malaysia, I used to watch his shows on Animal Planet.

I did think he was going to die doing his job one day (I know that is a mean thought) or maybe he might lose an arm to the crocs. Well, it was pretty shocking that he did die filming. Well, whether you guys out there like him or not (he did a shoot once with a croc while cradling his then infant child), he is still someone we should all have some respect for. He did introduce us to the world of reptiles and the wilderness like no one else ever did. Without him, we would not have been more acquainted to the world of the crocs, or would we?

My lovely, turtle-filled messenger list.....


Yeah, a little blurry and small, but I bet you could see the green dots.

Somehow, some people beg to differ on the whole turtlish idea.

Don't even ask me who is the great owner of the GOAT. I will keep his identity a secret. Pay some respect to Steve Irwin lah, Keith Pang (woops...) !!!

Kelene

No comments: