Thursday, February 19, 2009

Four legged friends.

Meet Miss Sheep.

Don't they look extremely wooly?!?! Try finding the vein to collect blood samples from them! It's a total nightmare, a test of perseverance and endurance. No joke. It takes a lot of hand and back muscles to hold these guys still while someone else struggles to find the vein.

It's time to hit the gym and build up those muscles, vet peeps!


And so, we finally had our dog prac the other day. Nothing much went on except the usual checking of vital signs and collecting blood samples. The greyhounds are such sweeties.

These few days the weather's been really hot, and wearing overalls in this weather for pracs doesn't really help. This is the usual scene at Werribee during prac days :D Overalls aren't too glamorous, but's it's okay to look like odd job workers once in awhile.

Today I played badminton and squash during break and wearing sandals was a big regret. I could hardly run across the court and was praying I don't slide from running with my sandals (They can get rather slippery). Tomorrow is tennis and I'm wearing my shoes this time around!

Walked Yeti today during lunch, couldn't get to my dog as his enclosure is behind Yeti's and Yeti just dashes out it's just impossible to hold him in. Yeti is one excited greyhound, he was walking me instead of me walking him. I couldn't walk any faster with my sandals but he just kept tugging on the leash and dragged me along the way.

Meh.

Can't wait to play tennis tomorrow!

And.....FRIDAY is here, babes!


No comments: